What’s new with Silver Cross?
As you may know, one of my favourite brands is Silver Cross. I just adore their heritage and the well founded reputation they have built up over the years. I adore my Wayfarer… I feel great pushing Eleanor around in it and everything about the way it has been designed fits in perfectly with how I need it to be. But, as I continue to enjoy the Wayfarer, Silver Cross haven’t been sitting still. Here’s some of the news you may have missed.
Silver Cross Pioneer
At first glance, you’d be forgiven in thinking that this is the Wayfarer as the similarities are undeniable, but let’s take a closer look…
Silver Cross’s focus on this design was to build something robust yet also keeping it lightweight (which is one of the main things I loved about the Wayfarer). Yet unlike the Wayfarer it has the addition of those bigger front wheels making it a bit more durable when you venture off those city streets and the 4 way suspension will make the ride that bit smoother for your bubba. With the Pioneer you can flit easily between forward or rear-facing depending on whether your little one prefers to gaze into your eyes or explore the world around them. A big pro with the Wayfarer was the large basket and not only have they matched it with the Pioneer they have gone and made it even bigger.
It seems to me like they have really gone about emphasising all the great features of the Wayfarer (lightweight, beautiful, large basket, comfortable carrycot) and then added additional features which steers it more towards the Surf (large wheels, better suspension, forward/rear facing). So if you’re a city girl/boy with an eye for adventure, this pushchair give you the best of both.
• Carrycot with natural bamboo fabric lining and mattress cover suitable for overnight sleeping
• Fully reversible seat unit
• Extra large shopping basket Cupholder
• Simplicity car seat adaptor
• Suitable from birth to toddler
• Includes lie-ﬂat carrycot
• Suitable for overnight sleeping
• Converts to travel system with Silver Cross Simplicity
• Four-way suspension
• Exceptional handling
• Multi-position one-hand seat recline
• One-piece fold
• Elevated seating position
• Adjustable calf support
• Non-slip footplate
• Adjustable hood height position
• All-terrain puncture-proof wheels with treaded tyre
• Hood with UPF 50+ sun protection
• Large basket
L90 W60 H107
L86.5 W60 H33
L92 W60 H117
Relaunch of the Kensington Pram
Feeling nostalgic? If you’re after a bit of heritage and luxury then the Kensington is the pram for you. This is only one of two prams that continue to be handmade in Britain and rightly so – it’s very pretty and vintage. The Kensington isn’t your average pram, it takes great skill and craftsmanship to build which makes it that extra special – Rolls-Royce of the pram world if you will. I’d have one myself if we had a bigger house to store it in!
Silver Cross Pop
We’re knee deep over on facebook in other people’s lush family holiday pics (none for us this year unfortunately). But, if you’re lucky enough to be going away this year and you’re looking for a lightweight buggy (at a great price) to take along then this might just suit you. This is the new and improved Silver Cross Pop. So what’s new?
– A fully extendible hood for added protection from the elements, including side panels with breathable mesh for extra ventilation and cooling and UPF50+ sun protection.
– Brand new mesh foot cover to protect little feet, providing shade and extra security and avoiding legs dangling from the sides as your little one grows.
– A fully lie flat seat providing a suitable environment from birth with a head protector for added comfort and protection.
– Ergonomic handles with hard wearing foam, ensuring a comfortable push.
• Lightweight - only 7.2kg
• Amazingly compact, simple one-‐handed fold
• 25kg weight capacity
• Silent, multi‐position seat recline
• UPF50+ sun protection hood with full extension and breathable mesh panels for cooling
• Breathable mesh foot protector
• Spacious seat dimensions for added comfort
• Strong, but light aluminium frame
• Puncture free tyres
• Lockable swivel front wheels
• Ingenious buggy sail to keep baby protected from strong sun and cold breezes at the same time
• Space saving buggy organiser which attaches neatly to Pop for extra storage
Included in the price, Pop comes complete with a set of handy accessories including rain cover,
roomy shopping basket and carry straps.